Sail On Adventure

27 September 2011 | New York New York
20 September 2011 | New Bedford and Block Island
31 August 2011 | Portsmouth to Gloucester
26 August 2011 | Portsmouth
24 August 2011 | Glouchester MA
22 August 2011 | Woods Hole and P-Town
21 August 2011 | Nantucket Island
19 August 2011 | Martha's Vineyard
17 August 2011 | Newport Rhode Island
15 August 2011 | Mystic CT
13 August 2011 | Mystic Seaport, CT
17 July 2011 | Three Mile Harbor, East Hamptons
05 July 2011 | Westbrook, CT
01 July 2011 | Westbrook CT
23 June 2011 | Westbrook CT
12 June 2011 | Westbrook CT

Glosta (Gloucester)

24 August 2011 | Glouchester MA
Craig
What a slog going from P-Town to Gloucester (prounounced Gloss'-ta by the locals, Glouster by everyone else). We had to motor the whole way, 46 Nm, and had to run both engines to make way. Usually we can motor with one engine and do seven knots. On that day we used both engines to get six knots out of it. We were taking spray over the bow constantly…..but Marie caught a Blue Fish. It was great fun. She was happier than a kid with a new bicycle at Christmas. She danced the happy dance for an hour. Then she cleaned and filleted it and we ate it for dinner that night. Not the greatest tasting fish in the world even if you treat it properly for cooking. She did okay on the preparation part and it was just fine. Marie's next goal is to catch a fish you actually see on a menu.

We spent a day in Gloucester and Bob had a good time visiting some art galleries in Rockport, a neighboring town. I rented a vehicle so I could drive the Raymarine autohelm control unit to their tech support center about fifty miles away. It turned out that there was nothing wrong with the control unit, and after careful reinstalltion it started working just fine. So many things on the boat have followed this same course. Something breaks, we send or take it in, it tests fine and upon reinstallation works just fine. Much easier to just disconnect and then reconnect and skip all the sending it in part. So that is my new first defense. Disconnect and then carefully reconnect. Moist salt air leads to a lot of loose connections on a boat…..as I'm finding out.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sail On...
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 440
Hailing Port: Port Townsend, WA
Crew: Craig & Marie Muma

Craig & Marie and the Sea

Who: Craig & Marie Muma
Port: Port Townsend, WA