Cruisin Canucks

Follow Richard and Barb as they cruise in the Pacific Northwest as well as Caribbean areas

20 February 2009 | Cape Town South Africa
19 February 2009 | Cape Town South Africa
19 February 2009 | Cape Town South Africa
17 February 2009 | Cape Town South Africa
11 February 2009 | Cape Town South Africa
09 February 2009 | SeaTac
07 February 2009 | Vernon
06 February 2009 | British Columbia

Weekend at the Cape

17 February 2009 | Cape Town South Africa
Richard Rotteveel
The workers and most businesses that are shipyard related close down for the most part on the weekend. This gave us a great opportunity to see the sights of this wonderful area. Kyle has been officially designated as an honorary tour guide as he has toured all of his guests around to these spots so often it is amazing that the baboons aren't wearing Harley shirts. The landscape outside of the city is a rugged mix of sparse plants situated among numerous jutting and balancing rocks with a rugged blue ocean background. The view from anywhere was simply awe inspiring. We had a great Sunday brunch style stopover at an outside garden patio style pub. The music was playing and the afternoon was going along great. The coastline is as rugged as can be which makes it beautiful as well as majestic. The only way I can describe it is that it seems that in this area of South Africa the harmony between raw nature and the sophisticated urban interface has been found. I am restricted to 1 picture for the blog but I will try and get more photos up on the website when I finally get some reliable wifi. South Africa is a must ad to your bucket list. Beautiful nature, people and country!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Mirai
Home Page: www.cruisincanucks.com