Cruising At Last

28 May 2015
27 May 2015 | Boca Chica Marina @ NAS Key West
27 May 2015 | Boca Grande Marina
27 May 2015 | Dunedin Municipal Marina
18 April 2015
06 April 2015

it's crunch time!

06 April 2015
Okay, it is getting down to crunch time and we are still on schedule.
So for friends and family, here is what is going to happen in the next month or so...
First to our Pensacola friends, remember we are NOT saying goodbye, WE hate goodbye it is too final, so instead we will see you all again soon!
To friends and family:
9 April we are going to pick up a rental moving truck and spend the rest of the day packing up our house and the storage unit.
10 April we are moving all of our household stuff to Jacksonville and moving some of our household into an apartment with Justin (Virginia's son), and the rest into storage, what we don't finish this day we finish on 11 April.
On 12 April, we plan on returning to Pensacola in a rental car (leaving at least one vehicle in Jacksonville) and either staying with friends or moving directly on to the boat. Hopefully, between now and then I will be able to sell my Kia Sorento.
13 April, we plan on making the final provisioning run and stocking the boat with fresh vegetables! Then it will be waiting until the first available weather window to make an overnight passage to either Panama City, or ideally Port St. Joe, FL
From Port St. Joe to Apalachicola (Dog Island)
Apalachicola (Dog Island) to Clearwater (Dunedin, staying for 3-4 days). Dunedin, it becomes a bit of a "decision" based on weather, but we will likely take the ICW into Tampa Bay, we may jump out of the bay to continue on to Venice Inlet or we may stay on the ICW for as long as we can. Stops after Venice Inlet include Sanibel Island, Marco Island, Key West (3-5 day layover), Marathon, Biscayne Bay, Key Largo/Miami, Jupiter Inlet (2-3 day layover), Cape Canaveral, St Augustine, Jacksonville. We are hoping to arrive in Jacksonville by 15 May.
The voyage northward to New York will be posted at a later date.
Like · Comment · Share
Comments
Vessel Name: At Last
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Gulf Breeze, FL
Crew: Bear & Virginia Hansen
About:
We have been sailing together since 2008. Our first sailboat was a 24' Sovereign, named Polly. She was a great little day-sailor & she taught us most of the basics. In 2009, we started racing aboard s/v Shaman, a Hunter Legend 37. [...]

Who: Bear & Virginia Hansen
Port: Gulf Breeze, FL