Cruising At Last

28 May 2015
27 May 2015 | Boca Chica Marina @ NAS Key West
27 May 2015 | Boca Grande Marina
27 May 2015 | Dunedin Municipal Marina
18 April 2015
06 April 2015

Dunedin, FL

27 May 2015 | Dunedin Municipal Marina
25-Apr-2015 – A new day! V was up at 0330 because the wind had shifted and the boat was rubbing on the dock and the lines and bumpers needed to be repositioned. Any strange noise wakes her up! Dunedin Marina is great – long, fixed docks, cheap ($0.90/ft), great showers, a nice park for walking Sophie, very friendly and helpful people. We visited with V’s Aunt & cousin, did some laundry, borrowed their car to go to Wal-Mart and Home Depot. V’s cousin’s daughter loved At Last and decided that when she grows up, she wants to live on a boat too. There was a dock party that night but we did not participate – partly b/c we were too tired and partly b/c we did not know the protocol and were not really prepared to offer food & liquor. We’ll have to work on that.
26-Apr-2015 – We spent the day doing boat maintenance – the list of chores seems endless! Bear changed the engine oil, filters, and transmission fluid. V washed the boat deck which was filthy from bird poop, salt water, & footprints. V’s cousin and her boyfriend were vacationing at Clearwater Beach so they popped over for a visit. It was awesome to be able to visit with family while we were there.
Comments
Vessel Name: At Last
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Gulf Breeze, FL
Crew: Bear & Virginia Hansen
About:
We have been sailing together since 2008. Our first sailboat was a 24' Sovereign, named Polly. She was a great little day-sailor & she taught us most of the basics. In 2009, we started racing aboard s/v Shaman, a Hunter Legend 37. [...]

Who: Bear & Virginia Hansen
Port: Gulf Breeze, FL