Plans Change>>>Exumas to Nassau

We had a beautiful week in the Exuma Land and Sea Park,

O'Brien's Cay, Cambridge Cay and my favourite Warderick Wells.


The park is a beautiful area to explore with many cays within its boundaries. It is natural beauty with no fishing, hunting or conching.

We saw lots of wildlife on our short hikes


Our only bird though....hmm


The weather was settled for a few days and I could finally try kayaking again (a passion of mine that I have not been able to do due to hypoglycemia). I found that if I do a few minutes at a time while eating lots I could paddle sometimes. Just to sit on a kayak in the water again was exhilarating. It was a blast letting the current take us down the stream that appears on high tide!!. I was so happy🤣🤣🤣.


The kayak is parked next to our car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We could also get a loan of kayaks from the park.






The only downfall with Warderick Wells is that there is no cell service. I know I should be off the grid but my 92 year old mama needs me!!! Not really... she has dementia and I am the caregiver and need to talk and see her every couple of days. So we search for service!!!! We go up Boo Boo Hill (the highest point) and search as I stand on the bench with the phone extended over my head hoping for service!!!.


While there we also find our sign that we posted in December when our children visited!!


Finally we figure it out !!!! Put a phone up the mast and hotspot another phone. Then you get 3G intermittent service... I can't talk to my mother but I can "What's App" my sister and children and find out from them how everything ss🤣🤣🧐 that will have to do for now. Lol.



While we are enjoying the beautiful temperatures and sun in the Bahamas. This seems to occur everyday as we have only had rain parts of 3 days since December 6 when we arrived. It is amazing. Days are warm and nights are comfortable for sleeping; even without the air conditioning that I fought to have before coming (we have not used)



Andrea went to visit Mark and see her grandmother. She had a great time on snowmobile that one day it was not stormy🤪🤪🤪. She was so disgusted with the amount of snow that week she sent a picture of my driveway. The kids are so disgusted with us bragging about the beautiful sun and heat everyday!!! lol She was looking forward to getting back home to Saint John, NB.


One night there were 3 other boats in Warderick Wells that we knew well (SV Margaritaville, Last Dance and Glissade). They were cruisers we had met in Big Majors. Being the socialite that I use to be, and trying to regain again, we decided to invite them over for sundowners. We had a great time telling stories, sharing experiences and off course talking weather. As they prepared to leave Byron showed off his addition to the boat!!!


Byron (the gadget man) had installed underwater lights a few years ago. We have enjoyed watching the fish that lurks in the night but we have not seen anything compared to last night. We had visitors one night who definitely overstayed their welcome!!! Duke was just about drove crazy barking up a storm while watching the show yet they would not leave.... It began with a large nurse shark.
Next we see a very long barracuda followed by a tarpon. To add to the excitement a reef shark joined the show. All of this was happening while I was holding on to Duke tightly as he was determined to join in and greet his new friends as well. I think he thought they were coming to a sundowner hosted by him. Little did he know he would be the munchie lol🤪🤪🤪. After about an hour of excitement, with Duke still going crazy, we turned off the light and the fish finally got the message that the party was over. It was a great show. I am sure it was as good as the Broadway shows I have seen lol. .....And Byron wonders why I am skittish getting into the beautiful waters of the Bahamas 🤨🤨🤨🧐🧐



Our friends on SV Alizarin came to meet us there as we plan on going to Eleuthera for a week or so. We enjoy our kayaking, reading and frolicking for a few days while we wait for a window to cross over. Byron caught almost everyone's line as they were trying to catch their mooring lines in a fast current and narrow channel. We watched many boats go aground there !!!


We visit one night on SV Margaritaville with Alice and Milan, Brad and Julia and Jacques, Audrey and Caroline. Alice and Milan went all out and had delicious food there... we had a great laugh.




Another night we all went to the beach. It is so much fun meeting so many new older and younger people.

Unfortunately plans changed drastically. We found a leak😡😡😡😡. Byron had a taste and it was salt water. Oh no!!!! What will this mean to our plans.... Byron tried to tighten the thru hull, put sealant around it from inside and outside and plugged the outside.... it was still leaking. The boat would need to come out of the water. We had to make a decision... Spanish Wells or Nassau???? We called Spanish Wells so that we could continue with our plans... we draw 6 feet of water and they can only accommodate us if we draw less than 5'6". ...... Nassau it is😩😩. Hopefully they can pull us out of the water to fix the leak.


With a heavy heart we say goodbye to Julia and Brad and to Warderick Wells and commence our journey north.

To follow our location go to the favorites link


Comments