Waiting for Matthew
06 October 2016
After our success of yesterday we treated ourselves to a late wake up call, a leisurely breakfast and coffee with our travelling companions. Before leaving Chesapeake City we wanted to get updates on Matthew to develop a plan of attack. Since there weren't any major changes to the forecast we decided to go to Georgetown MD., which is located on the Sassafras river. We wanted to find an area where we could hide from bad weather or worse case scenario haul the boats if necessary. However the forecast is looking better so we may continue towards Annapolis on Thursday. The trip was not in vain as The 7 mile trip up the river was beautiful and the town harbour area is full of marinas and boats of all sizes. We were in need of some exercise so we walked about 3kms. into town to explore and do a little grocery shopping. We met 3 Montreal boats from Lake Champlain and had a chance to catch up on other people's travel stories.