Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

We've arrived in Mecca

08 October 2016
Our luck with favourable tides continued during our trip from Georgetown to Annapolis and we arrived in the heart of US sailing around 1:30 Thursday afternoon. Once we picked our way through the crab pots at the mouth of the Sassafras River we enjoyed a leisurely motor sail the rest of the way. As expected the harbour and anchorages were jammed with sail and power boats of all sizes, not a mooring ball to be had but we found a decent anchorage right in front of Eastport YC. After a quite evening on Thursday we headed off to the show Friday morning with our shopping list in hand and credit cards in pocket. This summer we succeeded in equipping the boat fairly well but there are always a few things needed, new house batteries, propane BBQ tank and various sundry items. If you notice a burnt plastic scent n the air, don't worry it is just the credits cards melting.

True to the forecast it is pouring rain today (Saturday) and it is supposed to blow tonight and tomorrow from the north. We decided to haul anchor and move a few miles north to Mill creek for better protection. We wound our way through a narrow channel and found a beautiful well protected anchorage in some guys back yard. We'll probably stay here tomorrow as well and head back to the show Monday for the last day. Since no one is outside today it's a good day to run the generator and chill some beer, who knows maybe a scrabble rematch is on the horizon. We've been in contact with Cynthia Shinn and with any luck we will meet her for lunch Monday.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On