Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Veteran's Day in St. Augustine

12 November 2016
We went ashore Friday morning for a walk around town and to acclimatize ourselves with the surroundings. The historic downtown area and the fort were extremely busy as people were gathering for the Veteran's Day Parade. Our timing was perfect and we found an ideal spot to watch the parade; a steady stream of cadet corps, veterans from various conflicts and marching bands from all the services branches marched by.
The winds in the outer harbour were light so after lunch we motored 2.5 miles in the dinghy to a town pier in order to have a short walk to the grocery store. However when we arrived the pier was closed from hurricane damage and it was closely watched by the police for trespassers. Fortunately there was a beach bar where we could pull the dinghy up on shore, have beer and walk to the store. What a find!
After dinner we headed back to town to tour around and we came across a great band. It was right my alley, classic country and rockabilly sound, for a $2 cover charge we were thoroughly entertained by the band and the crowd. After a fun night we arrived back at Dagny at 11:30, a late night for us these days.

Today's picture taken at the marina dock, an Egret looking for lunch.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On