Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

I Told You to Check The Anchor!

11 December 2016

The strong north east winds continued overnight and we were bounced around at the dock quite a bit but fortunately everything held. We awoke this morning to a strong tide running through the marina with waves banging against the stern making it hard to sleep in. Rain squalls persisted through the morning so Bev did some laundry while we waited for the weather to clear. Finally things improved and we headed out for a walk along the beach and a tour through town. Although a lot of shops were closed for Sunday the town was busy as there was another cruise ship anchored off shore.

Our plan is to head out tomorrow across the bank towards Chub Cay and then on to Nassau. Originally we hadn't planned on visiting Nassau, however 5 days in Bimini has depleted our stores so a quick stop is warranted. We will be out of cell range for a few days so we'll update the blog once we get to Nassau on Wednesday or Thursday.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On