Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Shroud Cay

22 December 2016
We haven't been able to update our blog in a couple of days because we have been very busy and cell phone coverage hasn't been very good. Our definition of busy has changed since our arrival in the Exumas, busy means; kayaking, snorkelling, exploring in the dinghy and swimming. Peter and Cathy suggested we visit Shroud Cay so after a couple of great days at Normans Cay we moved south to explore this first Cay of the Exumas Land and Sea Park. What a find, beautiful beaches and numerous small canals that run through the mangroves, perfect for kayaking. To celebrate the first day of winter we headed out on a long dinghy ride to find a canal that bisects the island; after a couple of kms. winding through the mangroves we rounded a corner and were greeted with a spectacular view of the ocean. We beached the dinghy on the beautiful white sand at the exit of the canal and we were awed by the brilliant colours of the surrounding reefs and ocean waters. As we slowly motored back through the canal we saw lots of turtles, rays and needle fish; we were amazed at how fast turtles can swim. It's a good thing the hare didn't challenge the tortoise to a swimming race.
Today's underwater picture was taken by Bianaca as we dove on the DC3 wreck at Normans Cay.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On