Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Staniel Cay Regatta

03 January 2017
Staniel Cay Yacht Club has a New Years Day regatta every year for the cruisers in the area. Traditionally it is on New Years Day, however they do not race on Sundays so this year it was held on Jan. 2. Bev and I had discussed racing Dagny but with winds forecast in the mid 20 knot range we decided to pass on the event. We were planning on moving to Pipe Cay on Monday but a boat we had crossed paths with before invited us to sail with them. There were 9 boats in the race which, was twice around a triangle with a windward finish. The wind was constantly between 22-28 kts. throughout the race. It was a lot of fun and very exciting as part of the course took us through the anchorage that was still full from the weekend. The boat we were on was "Banyan" a Juneau 40 from Halifax and the crew were the owners, Dave and his wife Alex, Bev and I. After a good start we managed to get to the windward mark first and lead the rest of the way to victory. It was a great day and good way to end our stay in Staniel Cay.

We may be out of cell coverage for a few days, we will update whenever possible.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On