Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Friends

06 January 2017

It's hard to believe but it has been 4 months since Bev and I left Mooney Bay bound for the warm waters of the Bahamas. We have had a great trip so far and thanks to modern communications we have been able to keep in touch with family and friends. Between comments on our blog, emails and FaceTime we feel that we aren't far from loved ones.

However the best thing about our travels is meeting and making new friends from all walks of life. We have met many great and interesting people so far and the best part is no one judges you from your past because it doesn't matter. We all live for today and tomorrow, the items from the past that matter are: where is a good anchorage, where is the best laundry and what is the latest forecast? The neatest feeling is arriving in an anchorage and finding a boat that you had met previously. It may have been a week or a month ago but feeling satisfaction of renewing friendships in distant anchorages is very rewarding. Such was the case this week, we were anchored at Pipe Cay relaxing after a day of relaxation when a familiar green boat hove to in the bay. We had first met Linda and Grinnell way back on the New Jersey coast in October and here we were sharing the same anchorage in the Exumas. This is just one of the many heart warming experiences that we have encountered on our trip.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On