Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Full Moon

13 January 2017
The one thing that I have always remembered from my first trip to the Bahamas years ago was how bright the stars were. I have always said I felt like you could reach up and pick a star from the night sky. Despite what we have done to the planet with pollution and global warming the stars here seem as brilliant as I remember them. The Cays of the Exumas are largely uninhabited so there is little or no light pollution at night and the masthead anchor lights blend right in with the stars giving us an amazing view. The light provided by the full moon last night lit up the boats as if it were daylight, just like a full moon at home after a fresh snowfall. Even the evening star casts it's own light beam on the water, truly a magical sight.

What isn't magical is our weather forecast, we had a day of reprieve yesterday from the strong winds but they're back today gusting over 30 kts. The mail boat arrived in Staniel Cay this morning, meaning fresh food at the stores so we'll hang around another day to provision. The advantage of being in one place for a while is we are making new friends and gathering info on places to visit and things to see. Speaking of new friends it was nice to get a comment on our blog from Ulf in Greenland who is following our adventures.

Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of the full moon but today's shot is of Dagny after one of the numerous rain squalls.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On