Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Red Sky in The Morning.......

20 January 2017

We spent Wednesday and Thursday night at two of the prettiest anchorages that we have been in so far. Wednesday night we were at Galliot Cut anchored off a small beach with just one other boat in 10' of beautiful clear water. We spent the afternoon snorkelling in a small cove; we didn't see as many fish as normal but the plants on and around the reefs were amazing. The highlight of the day was when Dave and Jane saw a school of seven big rays swimming together. Our day ended with a potluck supper aboard one of the boats in our group and Gregg and I got to spin more ATC stories.

Thursday we moved a whole 7 miles south to Rudder Cay which happens to be owned by David Copperfield. The island is beautiful but we couldn't see his house; I think he makes it disappear when he's not there. Copperfield commissioned a full stainless steel grand piano complete with a mermaid at the keyboard and placed it in the bay as a living reef for all to enjoy. We spent another memorable day snorkelling, exploring by dinghy and relaxing.

Today's photo is of the sunrise this morning at Rudder Cay and it reminds one of the saying, "Red sky in the morning is a sailor's warning".There Is another strong cold front forecast to move through in a couple of days so, it is time to find some shelter. Our original plan was to go to Georgetown but the anchorage gets very over crowded at times so we decided to stop at Emerald Bay Marina. This is a beautiful Marina at a Sandals resort and they have fantastic docks without any services for 50 cents a foot per night. Today is beautiful without any wind and we could have waited until tomorrow to tie up but we didn't want to miss getting a nice secure dock. We're here with 4 other boats that we have spent time with so we should have some fun. We plan on renting a car to do our provisioning; this will save us from schlepping everything by dinghy in Georgetown.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On