Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Marina Life

22 January 2017
We are well established in the Marina at Emerald Bay where we will stay until the cold front goes through and we hope to be out of here by Tuesday afternoon. In the mean time we rented a van yesterday and seven of us went on a road trip to Georgetown to provision and tour the island. It was a bit of a challenge driving on the other side of the road in an American car but we made it without incident. The Marina has been filling up with lots of boats seeking shelter from the impending weather and we are glad we arrived early and have a secure spot. This used to be a Westin Resort and it was first class, they have a great clubhouse and a beautiful Captain's lounge for all to use. Also, someone has planned a potluck supper for tonight which will give us a chance to meet some new cruisers. Fortunately there is a big screen TV for the football fans so all is not lost while we are here.

We have often mentioned the clarity of the water, today's picture is of our anchor chain in 12 feet of water at Rudder Cay.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On