Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Birthday Dinner with Friends

02 February 2017 | Dinner at Tiny's
Yesterday was my birthday so Bev and Bianca organized with some of our new friends to go out for dinner. Tiny's Hurricane Hole is a great little beach front restaurant overlooking the anchorage so crews from 5 boats headed there for dinner. The food was fabulous and Julie from Sea Jules baked a cake for me and Lana from Our Diamond who's birthday is today. Following dinner we sat around the fire pit and played a game to test everyone's memory, needless to say we did forget a few items from time to time.

Larry flys home Friday morning so we were up early today to set sail for Georgetown. The trip takes about 5 hours but we wanted to enter the cut at North Rocks near high tide at 12:15 pm. so we were up at 6:30 to get ready. We had a nice sail back in a 15 knot breeze but ended up motor sailing the last hour to charge batteries and facilitate navigating the cut. Today was the first time this whole trip that we had trouble getting the anchor to set; the area we're in is a little grassy and Rocky didn't like it. However, we're safely hooked now and relaxing after a busy couple of days. Bev and I will probably be around here for a couple of days before starting north back up the Exumas Chain.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On