Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Plain Bay

12 February 2017
Fortunately the cold front that rolled through was not as strong as predicted and we spent two good nights on the hook in Plain Bay. We spent Friday lazing around the boat and doing a few chores before heading ashore for a nice three mile walk. Years ago someone tried to build a resort and marina here so there are numerous little roads and cleared lots in the area to explore. We walked to the top of the bluff and we were rewarded with fantastic views of Exuma Sound. We witnessed another beautiful sunset and rise of the moon to cap off a wonderful day.

Saturday morning the anchorage started to empty as people were anxious to get moving; from a high of seventeen boats we are now down to five. We walked right into town (forty minutes) today to see if we could find some fresh fruit or vegetables. However, the shelves were empty so we would have to wait for the boat to arrive later this week. Our plan is to leave Sunday so we will look for groceries further along. While in town we met friends from Maine who we have spent time with in various locations and we had a nice lunch with them at Lorraine's Cafe before heading back to Dagny. After such a long dusty walk it was time for a refreshing swim and some refreshments with our neighbours.

We have been experiencing internet connectivity problems and we are having trouble updating the blog.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On