Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Exuma Park

13 February 2017
We left Plain Bay this morning with plans to go to Pipe Creek which is a beautiful area between a few private cays. The scenery is beautiful and the water as clear as clear can be, however, the anchorages are narrow and the tidal currents run strong. Precise navigation is required and one has to be sure the anchor is well set in this unique area. Unfortunately while we were preparing to hoist the dinghy yesterday a big wave rolled under the boat as I was holding on to a davit and I wrenched my back. Thanks to modern medicine things are improving but I didn't want to be concerned with dragging anchors in confined spaces with a sore back. So, we decided to go to Cambridge Cay and hook onto an Exuma Park mooring for a day or two.

Our friends from Newfounland on board Bonivista arrive tomorrow and will be here a couple of days with us before they continue on to the BVIs. The last time we saw them was in Mebourne Fla. and we're looking forward to the reunion. Once the next little blast of weather hits we'll be heading for Rock Sound.

Today's picture is from our trip to Long Island sent to us by Dominic, "Dagny" down in a wave and smokin.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On