Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Looking for the Green Flash

16 February 2017
We have spent the last 3 nights hooked to a mooring ball at Cambridge Cay while my back gets back to normal, whatever that may be. If one has to be stuck somewhere this certainly is the place, unbelievable scenery, crystal clear water and lots of places to explore. Tuesday we dinghied over to the Sea Aquarium which is a small circular reef about one hundred feet wide but full of fish. It has the reputation as a "must see location"; the best way to describe it would be like swimming in a fish bowl with lobsters, Rays and numerous species of fish that come right up to you. There is also another plane wreck that we took a look at; the plane has deteriorated a lot, however the reefs around it now are spectacular, and of course all this is within the park which is a "no take zone". The wardens patrol regularly and enforce the rules resulting in abundant marine life everywhere.

Our friends from Newfoundland arrived on Tuesday afternoon and we have spent the last two days catching up with them and all of their travel stories. They were just in time for a gathering on the beach for snacks and to watch the sunset with a group from the anchorage. We played tour guides on Wednesday and took them to the reefs, however the predicted strong winds had arrived making it too rough to swim. We spent a couple of hours exploring a small island and even found a cactus which is native to Arizona, go figure. We had dinner aboard Bonivista last night while Craig and Sharon tried to talk us into sailing to the BVIs with them. Don't worry Mother, we're coming home as planned.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On