Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Top Ten Beach

14 March 2017
We sailed out of Marsh Harbour Sunday morning in search of a nice quiet spot to anchor and spend the day. The Sea of Abaco was an amazing agua colour as we broad reached in a beautiful 12 knot breeze. We discovered that Archer Cay would give us great protection from the wind for the night and there were 3 small sand beaches for us to explore. Upon arrival we got the kayak out and went for a tour; however, with threating rain clouds in the area we headed back to Dagny while a rain squall rolled through. Once things cleared up we headed out again for a nice stroll on the beach; however, we were ambushed by a swarm of no seeums so we headed back to the boat for an early dinner.

Our main source of weather information is The Chris Parker service that we subscribe to and we receive detailed emails 6 days a week with fairly accurate forecasts. If the forecast changes dramatically he will send out an update on Sunday which happened to be the case this weekend. Once again a strong front would hit us on Monday afternoon with gusts between 30-40 kts; however, the issue was it would be from many different directions in a short period of time making it hard to find a suitable anchorage. On Monday morning we elected to move north to Treasure Cay which has a well protected harbour with a mooring field.

The mooring fee includes use of all the resort facilities as well as access to the 3 mile long beach. The beach, which ranks in the top ten in the world, is unbelievablely beautiful. Our friends Chuck, Sylvie, Bill and Sandy from HYC are still here on their boats and they invited us to dinner. So after a nice afternoon walk on the beach we crossed over to the dark side and enjoyed a great dinner on the Atkins beautiful power boat. The weather report was accurate as we were buffeted by heavy winds and rain overnight confirming that we had made a wise decision to stay here.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On