Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Boat Preparation

03 April 2017
We spent the weekend cleaning and prepping Dagny for our eventual north bound departure. Bev spent most of Saturday cooking and freezing meals so that we will have ready made food while we are offshore. Water can be fairly expensive in the Bahamas as it is sold by the gallon; however, there is only a flat $5 daily charge at this Marina. Therefore, I spent Saturday and part of Sunday washing the boat throughly, rinsing out fittings and getting rid of as much salt as possible.

Bob and Liz arrive Monday afternoon and I think we may move out of the marina to a nice quiet anchorage. I was hoping to be able to leave the Abacos within a few days but it looks like we will have to wait 5 or 6 days for a favourable weather window. In the meantime there are lots of interesting places to explore and keep us entertained until then.

We had a little reunion dinner on Saturday evening in Marsh Harbour with the crews of three other boats with whom we had spent a lot of time with in the Exumas. It was a great evening but a little sad as we all realized that our winter adventure is coming to an end.

Today's picture is of a beautiful beach on Matt Lowe Cay.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On