Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Visitors in the Night

04 May 2017

We've had a very productive couple of days in Annapolis thanks in large part to our friend Lana from Our Diamond. Robert and Lana live on their boat and after having spent the winter in the Bahamas have returned here for the summer so Robert can work. We spent Wednesday going to various marine and hardware stores gathering supplies. The refrigeration guy stopped by and speced out a new system for us that will be delivered to Lake Champlain for installation this summer. Also, on the wish list was a new secondary anchor that is more efficient and user friendly than our old CQR which is buried in the sail locker.

Although we've been busy with boat chores we still made time to visit this beautiful city. Bev and I took a guided tour of the Naval Academy and plan on returning today to finish our museum tour. On May 1st everyone hangs a basket of flowers from the front of the house, a committee goes around judging them and choosing winners in various categories. As we toured the streets of the old town we were able to pick our own favourites. We had a wonderful Bahamas reunion last night on board 2 Outrageous along with the crews from Whitebird and Our Diamond. We had fun reminiscing about the winter and discussing future plans.

However, all good things must come to an end and it is time to get moving. The next step is up the Chesapeake, through the C&D canal and down Delaware Bay. We're ready to go anytime but the weather is not cooperating but hopefully we can be on our way by Saturday.

Today's picture is of our visitors from last night.

Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On