Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Mad Kayakers

25 November 2018
Today was another good day to make southbound progress. We were up early and off the hook by 7:30 and enjoyed our morning coffee on the go. It was our turn to lead through the shallows today as well as scout for low bridges as 2 Outrageous followed along behind us. The coastal flooding due the heavy rains and higher than normal tides caused by the full moon continue to be an issue. Fortunately for us the lowest bridge we saw today was 63 feet, however, it did clean off the wind instruments of a guy in front of us.

We feel as though we have finally shaken the worst of the cold weather, today was hot and sunny and they're calling for 28c tomorrow. The wind cooperated and although the channel was narrow we motor sailed most of the day in great conditions. Besides numerous fish traps in the channel we are passing through a Mantee area and have to be extremely vigilant not to hit one. They are big, ugly, slow and drift along in the channel looking for food. They seem oblivious to boats passing by.

After a productive day we're anchored just south of Titusville for the night and will head to Cocoa Beach tomorrow to visit friends.

Today's picture was taken as we went by New Symnra Beach. This couple hooked on our wake and paddled right behind us for 45 minutes. We were amazed by their stamina. It was the highlight of our day.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On