Dagny's Winter Cruise

18 September 2023
14 September 2023
09 September 2023
09 September 2023
06 September 2023
06 September 2023
02 September 2023
29 August 2023
29 August 2023
23 August 2023
11 August 2023
05 August 2023
31 July 2023
28 July 2023
22 July 2023
20 July 2023

Come Back In Cambridge Cay

22 December 2018

After our busy day Thursday we relaxed on Dagny for a nice quiet dinner before the inclement weather moved in. It’s great to be outside all day but everyone finds it tiring to always be on the move and it’s amazing how hard it is to stay awake after 9. However, we find if we hit the sack too early we’re awake before dawn, so in an effort to stay up longer we had another game of Scrabble. It was like déjà vu all over again and I figured I was in for another spelling lesson from the principal. But, all of a sudden the tide turned and late in the game I managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Best of all, we managed to stay awake until 10:30 which made for a good night’s sleep (for someJ. Allan forgot to mention that he lost the last game of scrabble.

As predicted the strong winds rolled in during the night on Thursday and continued to build during Friday morning until the front passed. Luckily our anchorage gave us decent protection from most directions as the winds went from the south all the way around to the north with peak gusts of 33 knots. There were a few heavy rain squalls but the worst missed us as we spent the day on the boat catching up on our reading.

As much as we love Cambridge Cay after three days it was time to get out of town, so we cast off Saturday Morning and headed to Staniel Cay. Since the weather was good we decided to head outside for the 12 mile run so that Bev could fish offshore with her new fishing rod. Unfortunately, fish was not on the menu tonight, maybe next time. We have met up with a few other friends here, including a boat from Oka, so the next few days will be filled with all kinds of activities as we prepare for Christmas.

Today’s picture was taken after our hike in Cambridge Cay.


Comments
Vessel Name: Dagny
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 402
Hailing Port: South Lancaster On
Crew: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
About: Allan is a retired Montreal Air Traffic Controller and Bev is a retired Elementary School Principal.
Extra: After many years of local cruising and Etchells racing we are living our dream of sailing to the Bahamas. Allan enjoys golfing, cycling and skiing. Bev is an active cyclist, runner, aerobics participant and cross country skier.

Who: Allan Gray and Bev Bethune
Port: South Lancaster On