Damstroms4

30 May 2021 | Samish Bay
10 July 2010 | Bellevue, WA
09 July 2010 | Roche Harbor, WA
08 July 2010 | Otter Bay Marina, North Pender Island BC
07 July 2010 | Saltspring Island, BC
06 July 2010 | Otter Bay, North Pender Island BC Canada
05 July 2010 | Bedwell Harbour / Poet's Cove
04 July 2010 | Roche Harbor, WA
03 July 2010 | San Juan Islands

Roche Harbor for Fourth of July

04 July 2010 | Roche Harbor, WA
Stefan
We arrived early at Roche and anchored right in the middle, just south of Crane Island. Good hold and a bit daunting being surrounded by mega yachts. The anchor held!

We rowed ashored and got lunch and looked at the market getting provision and dip nets for the kids. There was a lot of holiday activity to check out. The crew rowed back with provisions and full bellys.

I met up with my friend Scott Malone who had just returned s/v Whisper to Friday Harbor from Auckland! Their family adventure spanned two years so far going from Seattle to Mexico to Taihiti to Tonga and Auckland...and back. Their blog is http://sailblogs.com/4malones. Dylan and I rowed ashore and met Scott and had beers and sundae (Dylan had the sundae). Scott had lots of stories about their trip and their possible plans to return to Mexico in the Fall. We made plans to catch up Thursday in Friday Harbor.

Dylan and I rowed back with crab dinner. We waited for the fireworks to start at 10.30 ish. Here's a video: http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1468303503232.
Note the fool and his mega yacht that couldn't hook anchor in 25 feet of water. Money can't buy skills I guess.

Comments
Vessel Name: Sjöjungfrun
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 400 mkii
Hailing Port: Bellevue, WA
Crew: Stefan, Melissa, Kai, Dylan
About: Stefan - 35 years +/- of sailing and plying waters between here and the Baltic. Melissa - learning to cope with being married to a sailor. Kai - name means from the sea. Dylan - name also has sea theme.
Extra: Picture above is on Borstö island in the Finnish archipelog between Finland and Åland Islands. "Borstö Gumman" as she is known is from a vessel that sank along with countless others in the area. The siren decided to float ashore after 300 years of seclution.

the Damstroms

Who: Stefan, Melissa, Kai, Dylan
Port: Bellevue, WA