Dancing on the Edge

Marathon Memories

Jan 25-March 24
24 42.9 N 081 05.4 W

These are my final comments about COVID 19. For some reason Dan is rolling his eyes. After several calls from Tallahassee offering us an appointment within 6 hours, we parked Dancing on the Edge at Marathon Marina. We waited for COVID pokes.

Marathon has an active cruising community. The daily net offered something for everyone—masks and distancing expected. Our slip neighbors, Karim, Joce and Lola, their dog, were wonderful. Joce spent mornings with a ZOOM preschool class. I felt right at home listening to children sing loudly. We waited for a green flash at sunset.

We ordered a replacement watermaker. The unit we inherited did not respond to a tune up. Dan slaved and worked on its installation for about a week! Success, we waited for the bill.

New friends Sharon and Mike of Monarch and Barb and Hal of Luckiest introduced us to dinghy fishing Marathon style. The bright sun heated the water as the fish inhaled the bait. Hal hooked a pelican and safely freed it. Mike caught an unidentified keeper. Dan caught bait fish. We waited for fishing boats to pass.

Crane Point Museum and Nature Center has old school Florida homes and memorabilia. We enjoyed the trails and shady benches as we toured the park with friends. A school of large trigger type fish wait under the bridge for food. We saw several rescued birds in the wild bird center. We waited next to the tourist tree as Sharon photographed a spider.

We shared meals with Sweet Pea, first time cruisers. We met Owen and Chris in Annapolis. We waited patiently for their questions.

This early spring season in Florida, had at least one frontal passage every 24 hours. We needed PCR tests to enter the Bahamas. Somewhat impatiently we waited for the crazy pattern to break.

We are in Bimini. We waited for a second COVID test!
Whoo Hoo!





Comments