Dancing on the Edge

Visit to Caribbean (Atlantic) Panama

October 22-November 16, 2021
Shelter Bay Marina

"Christobal Signal Station, Christobal Signal Station. This is the sailing vessel Dancing on the Edge."
"Vessel calling Christobal, go ahead?"
"We are 8 miles from the breakwater. We request passage through the breakwater and transit to the New Flats."
"Dancing on the Edge, do you know where the New Flats are?"
"Yes, we do."
"Hail us when you have entered the harbor."

After a long passage from Bonaire, about 9:30pm we anchored at the New Flats! Dan, Harry, Ellen and I feasted on junk food and toasted our successful passage to Panama. At midday we entered the channel for our berth at Shelter Bay Marina. We began to organize chores to complete before the transit date. We met with our agent to arrange our Canal transit.

We visited the marina pool, marine store, and laundry. We walked around vessels in the work yard. The fuel barge is always an experience. I walked around the loop by the chapel, searching for howler monkeys and the sloth. I saw a coatimundi and vultures. Noseeums saw me. We joined others for Sunday brunch. We learned what had changed and what had remained the same since 2017. We enjoyed being in a familiar marina with others as we planned a trip to the San Blas.











Comments