Kia Ora

14 May 2015 | Fakarava Atoll, Tuamotus, French Polynesia
25 April 2015 | Hana Moe Noa, Tahuatu, Marquesas, French Polynesia
24 April 2015 | Atuona, Hiva Oa, Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia
13 April 2015 | Somewhere on the Pacific, still
11 April 2015 | Somewhere on the Pacific, still
11 April 2015 | Somewhere on the Pacific, still
09 April 2015 | Somewhere on the Pacific, still
02 April 2015 | Somewhere on the Pacific
07 March 2015 | Galapagos, Ecuador
07 March 2015 | San Cristobal, Galapagos
05 March 2015 | Galapagos
01 March 2015 | Galapagos Islands
27 February 2015 | Galapagos Islands
27 February 2015 | Pacific Ocean
26 February 2015 | Pacific Ocean
26 February 2015 | Pacific Ocean
26 February 2015 | Pacific Ocean
23 February 2015 | Pacific Ocean
18 February 2015 | Still in Las Perlas Islands
17 February 2015 | Las Perlas Islands, Panama

Mazatlan

10 March 2013 | Mazatlan Harbor
We jumped up to Mazatlan from San Blas last Wednesday. The passage took about 26 hours and was one of the easiest passages we’ve made. The swell and wind waves where almost non-existent and we didn’t cross any long lines (that we know of!). The time went by fast because there were 4 boats making the same passage so we had each other to look at the whole time.
San Blas was really fun. We really enjoyed the jungle river tour and the ruins of the old fort. The town seemed to be in some sort of improvement mode. They were painting, updating the electrical system, reroofing, making new curb cuts and trimming the trees. All of the work was being done along one street for about 8 blocks. It made for treacherous walking because of open and unprotected manholes and wet cement.

We originally pulled into Marina El Cid, expecting to spend about 21 days there. It turned out to be a mistake. It’s another resort and we are so tired of resorts. The place was right at the entrance to the harbor and the surge had us moving and bumping around almost constantly.

We are now over at Fonatur in Mazatlan and are happy. It’s quiet and is more conveniently located to marine and fishing stores as well as good restaurants and a small supermarket.

The harbor master has the harbor closed. He closed it yesterday and I expect it to be closed until tomorrow. The wind is howling and it has kicked up an amazing swell. There is a bar to cross to get in and out of the harbor and we surfed in on Thursday even without any significant weather.
Comments
Vessel Name: Kia Ora
Vessel Make/Model: Hylas 44
Hailing Port: Seattle, Washington, USA
Crew: Julie and Ken Dausman
Extra: In the spring of 2011 we left Seattle and headed north. We spent 6 months circumnavigating Vancouver Island. We headed out again in the summer of 2012 and are now cruising in Central America.

Heading South

Who: Julie and Ken Dausman
Port: Seattle, Washington, USA