Kia Ora

14 May 2015 | Fakarava Atoll, Tuamotus, French Polynesia
25 April 2015 | Hana Moe Noa, Tahuatu, Marquesas, French Polynesia
24 April 2015 | Atuona, Hiva Oa, Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia
13 April 2015 | Somewhere on the Pacific, still
11 April 2015 | Somewhere on the Pacific, still
11 April 2015 | Somewhere on the Pacific, still
09 April 2015 | Somewhere on the Pacific, still
02 April 2015 | Somewhere on the Pacific
07 March 2015 | Galapagos, Ecuador
07 March 2015 | San Cristobal, Galapagos
05 March 2015 | Galapagos
01 March 2015 | Galapagos Islands
27 February 2015 | Galapagos Islands
27 February 2015 | Pacific Ocean
26 February 2015 | Pacific Ocean
26 February 2015 | Pacific Ocean
26 February 2015 | Pacific Ocean
23 February 2015 | Pacific Ocean
18 February 2015 | Still in Las Perlas Islands
17 February 2015 | Las Perlas Islands, Panama

Sea of Cortez crossing #3

02 August 2013 | San Carlos, Mexico
Julie, hot
We are back on the mainland in the land of ocean swells, jet skis and tuba and accordion music. Ahhh....... All my favorites. NOT.

It does feel good to be on the mainland though. 4 months on the Baja side of Mexico was enough for us.

We had a wonderful crossing today. I chose to leave from the north anchorage of San Marcos Island to head for San Carlos because the sea is only 70 miles wide at that point. We had a steady 15 knots of breeze the entire way and sailed on a reach for much of it.

The north anchorage at San Marcos was lovely. I was up at 12:30 this morning enjoying the phosphorescence, whales in the bay and a clear sky full of shooting stars. I saw so many of them that I ran out of wishes and started wishing things for others. If you get some surprises soon, it may have come from one of those wishes!

Ken REALLY liked San Marcos. He caught 3 Rooster Fish and one Dorado from the dinghy all in about an hour and a half. He was so excited about the Rooster Fish. We understand that they are a bit rare now and are really fun to catch so Ken released them all.

Something new happened today. Right as we were approaching San Carlos, a pod of dolphins greeted us. That's not new of course but what is new is that two of them jumped completely out of the water right next to our cockpit. It looked like show at Sea World and I swear that they were both smiling! I had my camera in my hand but was too awestruck to take a picture (it's not the first time that THAT has happened to me)
Comments
Vessel Name: Kia Ora
Vessel Make/Model: Hylas 44
Hailing Port: Seattle, Washington, USA
Crew: Julie and Ken Dausman
Extra: In the spring of 2011 we left Seattle and headed north. We spent 6 months circumnavigating Vancouver Island. We headed out again in the summer of 2012 and are now cruising in Central America.

Heading South

Who: Julie and Ken Dausman
Port: Seattle, Washington, USA