Dawn Patrol

11 March 2015 | Black Point Settlement
04 March 2015 | Staniel Cay
21 February 2015
11 February 2015 | Bimini, Bahamas
03 February 2015 | John Pennikamp Park
02 February 2015
26 January 2015 | Key Largo, Fl
12 January 2015 | Daytona Beach
11 January 2015 | Marinland
05 January 2015
23 October 2014 | Ocracoke Island
22 October 2014 | Ocrokoke
20 October 2014
17 October 2014 | Manteo,MC
07 September 2014 | Kill Devil Hills,NC
27 April 2014 | Manteo NC
13 March 2014
08 March 2014 | Marineland
07 March 2014 | St Augustine, Florida

Black Point Settlement school

11 March 2015 | Black Point Settlement
Susannah
This morning was a school day! Neither Townes nor Connor were too excited when we told them yesterday of our plans to have them attend school today. All the convincing we could do about what a great cultural experience it would be fell short on them. Townes was a good sport nevertheless, agreeing to get “dressed up” in his nice shirt, belt and khaki shorts. We all met at the dock and walked over together, an American and a Canadian family, taking their kids to a Bahamian school. They both were accepted without fanfare. One boy got a desk out for Townes and another got him a book to read. We enjoyed a private moment when we saw the title ”Snoopy’s first word book” Townes graciously accepted it and began “reading”.

We got the schedule from the teacher and agreed to meet at 12:00 for lunch. With the boys safely tucked away at school, we had the morning to catch up on boat projects and do some more exploring. We made a picnic lunch and walked over to retreived the boys. They both complained about how easy the school was. Townes brought home a worksheet that I’d say was a second grade level. The lobbying to not go back for the afternoon started. Fortunately Cindy and Ron were also set on having Connor go back for the remainder of the day. The parents prevailed eventually but it was touch and go. We later remarked that if either of us has capitulated than the other would have as well and they would have not gone back. We picked them up at 3:00 and thanked the teacher for having them participate. One girl commented “he’s very smart” After school we got a coke and hiked up to the blowhole as a treat for sticking it out!
Comments
Vessel Name: Dawn Patrol
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 MC
Hailing Port: Manteo, NC
Crew: Paul Manning, Susannah Sakal, Townes Manning
About:
Paul and Susannah own and operate specialty coffee shops in the Outer Banks of NC. The Front Porch Cafe roasts all of its coffee in house and has been serving coffee to locals and visitors since 1999. Visit us at www.killdevilcoffee.com. Townes is a 10 year old with a passion for sailing. [...]
Extra: We would love to hear from other sailing families!

At the end of the rainbow

Who: Paul Manning, Susannah Sakal, Townes Manning
Port: Manteo, NC