Different Drum Sailing Adventures

Educational sailing adventures for teens and young adults "Changing lives one adventure at a time"

06 March 2024 | Shroud Cay
06 March 2024 | Allen's Cay
19 February 2024
04 April 2019 | Westside Normans' Cay, Exhumas, Bahamas
06 March 2019 | Bahamas
05 March 2019 | Bahamas
05 March 2019 | Bahamas
03 March 2019 | Bahamas
02 March 2019 | Bahamas
02 March 2019
19 February 2019
12 June 2013 | Potomac River
12 June 2013 | Potomac River
18 April 2013 | Ship Channel Cay
18 April 2013 | Norman's Cay
20 March 2013 | Highbourne Cay
20 March 2013 | Highbourne Cay
20 March 2013 | Shroud Cay
20 March 2013 | Shroud Cay
20 March 2013 | Norman's Cay

CELC Day 2

16 April 2012 | Shroud Cay
Jeff
CELC Aboard BOUNDLESS! Day 2 16 April, 2012

Quote of the day (as read by Captain Jeff):

If once you've slept on a boat You'll never be quite the same You may look as you looked the day before And go by the same old name. You may bustle about in street and shop You may sit at home and sew But you see blue water and wheeling gulls Wherever you feet may go. You may chat with the neighbors of this and that And close to your fire keep But you'll hear the ship whistle and lighthouse bell And tides beat through your sleep. Oh, you won't know why, and you can't say how Such a change upon you came But once you've slept on a boat You'll never be quite the same.

A travel day. Sailing about 6 hours out of Nassau to Ship Channel Key in the Exumas. The wind was coming from the east, toward us the whole while. Lots of wind, waves, and more wind and waves ... and then we snorkeled! All had a chance to steer the boat today and are learning all that is needed to pilot this fine vessel! Some notes from the crew:

Julia: Wow! Today was an amazing day. We went traveling for over six hours on waves 6 feet each. Jared and I fell asleep downstairs during the traveling. We went snorkeling and speared a lion fish. Lion fish are extremely venomous and are not native to the Bahamas and can kill a coral reef in 3 weeks tops. I enjoyed snorkeling so much and the water here is beautiful. I really miss my family.

Jody: Today was absolutely amazing. Our 7 hour trip to get here was worth it. During that trip, it was like a game. When the coral heads where near us, they where like the "danger zones" and if we touched them it would probably be the end of the trip...or game. My first time steering the boat Around the coral heads was challenging, but after we knew how to spot them, it was fun. Snorkeling was amazing. I love swimming over the coral and seeing all the fish. I can't wait for the next island we go to.

Jared: The water is warmer than most pools. I love the fish; the whole thing looks like a aquarium. Jeff speared a lion fish, it was pretty cool.

Kyle: Today we set sail at 7 in the morning and sailed for 7 and a half hours. When we got to our destination, we swam and snorkeled for two hours. If was very fun to snorkel and wear my wet suit for the first time. Jeff also introduced his spear gun to a loin fish and killed this invasive and highly venomous fish.

please do comment back to the CELC crew - they'd love to hear from you as you read of these adventures.
Comments
Vessel Name: Boundless
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 462
Hailing Port: Chester Gap, VA
Crew: Capt. Jeff
Home Page: www.differentdrumsailing.com
Social:
Boundless's Photos - Main
Bahamas 2024
No Photos
Created 6 March 2024
NCS 5 day Chesapeake trip!
18 Photos
Created 13 June 2013
72 Photos
Created 19 May 2011