Different Drum Sailing Adventures

Educational sailing adventures for teens and young adults "Changing lives one adventure at a time"

06 March 2024 | Shroud Cay
06 March 2024 | Allen's Cay
19 February 2024
04 April 2019 | Westside Normans' Cay, Exhumas, Bahamas
06 March 2019 | Bahamas
05 March 2019 | Bahamas
05 March 2019 | Bahamas
03 March 2019 | Bahamas
02 March 2019 | Bahamas
02 March 2019
19 February 2019
12 June 2013 | Potomac River
12 June 2013 | Potomac River
18 April 2013 | Ship Channel Cay
18 April 2013 | Norman's Cay
20 March 2013 | Highbourne Cay
20 March 2013 | Highbourne Cay
20 March 2013 | Shroud Cay
20 March 2013 | Shroud Cay
20 March 2013 | Norman's Cay

Great day!

24 February 2013 | Norman''s Cay
Capt. Jeff
Hey! my name is grace scott and we had a great day aboard Boundless today!!!! first, we had our usual duties, breakfast, and then... WE SNORKELED IN A CRASHED PLANE!!!!!!!!!!!! We saw many types of fish and many different types of coral, and a couple sting rays! not to mention the beauty of the fallen plane. next we went to a coral reef nicknamed "the refrigerator" because life, and food, is very abundant. as soon as we got into the water, there was a strong current so we hopped back into the dingy. 30 minutes later, we tried again and the current was nearly gone. most of us got in again, and as soon as we looked down, we saw a barracuda. so again, we jumped back into the dingy for a minute. third time is the charm, and most of us were fed up so we swam right past the barracuda and enjoyed the awesome effect of the reef. every other minute, i was poked by my dive buddy to look at/ a certain fish or coral. i was glad i paid attention to them because my dive buddies poked me and pointed at a incoming shark! it was a nurse shark so it was very calm and lazy, but myself, i was in awe! i followed it until it was out of sight. look mom! i swam with a shark! captain Jeff was also able to find five mature conches, and he speared a thorned lobster. after the terrific encounters we had, we got back in the dingy and headed back to Boundless for lunch. after lunch, we went to a white sand beach, explored, took our "showers", and killed our conch. our "showers" are not really showers, because of the lack of freshwater in Boundless, we get our bodies drenched in saltwater, lather up with soap, and repeat. after that process, you finish off with a coat of freshwater. not exactly what everyone is used to, but, you know. i ended up being on dinner duty with my friend, Joey. with our conches that we "brutally murdered" we made conch fritters as appetizers, which were delicious!!!! we are preparing dinner right now and... that's it for today i guess. a day well lived. a day well laughed, cried, and snorkeled through. this is grace scott aboard Boundless saying, "raise the sails, we're heading out."

hi I'm Angie Mead. Today was a good because we saw a lot of fish and saw a nurse shark in the water. We also had bread crumbs in the water and fed the fish. They swam up to us and around your face when we fed them. We showered at the beach, in the ocean.

Today was amazing. We spent a lot of time in the water and saw the most beautiful sights. I feel like I am actually in the movie finding Nemo. Thank you for letting me take your girls on this incredible adventure. Carly

Joey says- if you want to hear about my day, read above.

Nellly says- today was amazing.

Savannah says: today was really fun! I LOVE TO SHOWER IN THE OCEAN! MY HAIR IS GREAT! The stars are really cool too. I also loved to snorkel in a crashed drug plane. and please pack another swim suit for me for Atlantis, just my black strapless with the cool thing in the middle with my black bottoms. thanks love and miss you!
Comments
Vessel Name: Boundless
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 462
Hailing Port: Chester Gap, VA
Crew: Capt. Jeff
Home Page: www.differentdrumsailing.com
Social:
Boundless's Photos - Main
Bahamas 2024
No Photos
Created 6 March 2024
NCS 5 day Chesapeake trip!
18 Photos
Created 13 June 2013
72 Photos
Created 19 May 2011