Adventures of S/V Adoncia

13 August 2013 | Ketchikan
12 August 2013 | Anan Bay
11 August 2013 | Berg Bay
10 August 2013 | Berg Bay
09 August 2013 | St. John's Bay
08 August 2013 | Petersburg
07 August 2013 | Petersburg
06 August 2013 | Sandborn Canal
05 August 2013 | Sandborn Canal
04 August 2013 | Tracey Arm
03 August 2013 | Holkam Bay
02 August 2013 | Pybus Bay
01 August 2013 | Warm Spring Bay
31 July 2013 | Warm Spring Bay
30 July 2013 | Warm Spring Bay
29 July 2013 | Warm Springs Bay
28 July 2013 | Red Bluff Bay
27 July 2013 | Red Bluff Bay
26 July 2013 | Kake/Red Bluff Bay
25 July 2013 | Rocky Pass Anchorage

Casting for Salmon

28 July 2013 | Red Bluff Bay
John/Sunny!!!
Today is kind of a blur. We had another picture perfect day in Red Bluff Bay. No sense in shrimping since there do not appear to be any here. We kayaked a bit, dinghied around the bay and then we started to fish for pinks (humpies), silvers and dolly vardens in the little cove where Happy Dance and Ruby Slippers were stern tied. Sue and Marty had good success off the bow of their boat just casting with their spinning rods - Sue even caught 2 pinks while casting from her kayak. How she brought the fish into the kayak and held it between her knees is a story in itself! Bill had good success as usual - he is a magician with fishing. Deb and John did not have much success so we not too subtly invited ourselves for dinner on Happy Dance since they had silvers to cook. They included Mike and Ann from Jay Hawk also and the six of us had a blast. We had dessert to offer since John had picked about 6 cups of blueberries while others were fishing - Deb made a blueberry cobbler. She was challenged by a very persnickity oven and some misdirected help in Sue's galley and the dessert ended up taking much longer to cook than she had expected - thus it took on the infamous name "the 3 hour blueberry cobbler". In addition to the great company and excellent the food, we had the show of our lives when Mr. Grizzly decided to make a showing right off our stern as the 6 of us stared in astonishment. He was so close and we watched as he lumbered along the shore crashing amongst the bushes in search of berries and other vegetation. Fortunately we had our camera with us and we took multiple pics and videos as he put on a feral show for us. It lasted some 30 minutes before he wandered off - needless to say the event delayed dinner as Mr Bear took center stage. It was certainly the numero uno bear sighting to date - he completely filled the camera lens on booth the stills and the video!
Comments
Vessel Name: Adoncia
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 41DS
Hailing Port: Gig Harbor, Washington
Crew: Deb and John
About: John was born in England and Deb was born in Seattle. They were both raised in Tacoma and make their home in Gig Harbor. They each retired in March of 2013 and look forward to many sailing and snow skiing adventures together. They purchased their 41 foot Hunter deck-salon style sloop in 2011.
Extra: Nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people (M Twain)

Who: Deb and John
Port: Gig Harbor, Washington