Adventures of S/V Adoncia

13 August 2013 | Ketchikan
12 August 2013 | Anan Bay
11 August 2013 | Berg Bay
10 August 2013 | Berg Bay
09 August 2013 | St. John's Bay
08 August 2013 | Petersburg
07 August 2013 | Petersburg
06 August 2013 | Sandborn Canal
05 August 2013 | Sandborn Canal
04 August 2013 | Tracey Arm
03 August 2013 | Holkam Bay
02 August 2013 | Pybus Bay
01 August 2013 | Warm Spring Bay
31 July 2013 | Warm Spring Bay
30 July 2013 | Warm Spring Bay
29 July 2013 | Warm Springs Bay
28 July 2013 | Red Bluff Bay
27 July 2013 | Red Bluff Bay
26 July 2013 | Kake/Red Bluff Bay
25 July 2013 | Rocky Pass Anchorage

Deb's Birthday

08 August 2013 | Petersburg
John/Rainy
DEB'S BIRTHDAY. Since Deb was unable to have the type of fine dining she had hoped for the night before and because Molly was flying out of Petersburg later in the afternoon, the decision was made to all go out to breakfast this morning - which we did. The spot chosen by Captain Jim (who knew Petersburg) was a fish packing plant with a retail store and attached deli where they just happen to serve excellent breakfast and home made cinnamon rolls. So we all ate together and Deb had happy birthday sang to her. This was cute and fun but somehow I think I still owe Deb a birthday celebration including a fine dining experience! The rest of the day was spent provisioning, doing an insane amount of laundry, and getting used to much more typical SE Alaska weather - overcast and rain. That night Marty, Sue, Mike and Anne and the two of us got together for a long awaited cribbage tournament. We ate Inga's take out for Deb's birthday dinner (see, I still owe her). During this event, the ladies organized and planned Jim's birthday dinner which was to be held the following day while anchored at St John's Bay.
Comments
Vessel Name: Adoncia
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 41DS
Hailing Port: Gig Harbor, Washington
Crew: Deb and John
About: John was born in England and Deb was born in Seattle. They were both raised in Tacoma and make their home in Gig Harbor. They each retired in March of 2013 and look forward to many sailing and snow skiing adventures together. They purchased their 41 foot Hunter deck-salon style sloop in 2011.
Extra: Nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people (M Twain)

Who: Deb and John
Port: Gig Harbor, Washington