Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Greek arrival on the island of Erikoussa

21 August 2010
An unforecasted storm swept through our last anchorage in Montenegro and so, as there we no protected anchorages around, we decided to lift the anchor and head south to Greece, only 24 hours earlier than planned.

The journey took us past the coast of Albania, which we will have to visit on another occasion, and we arrived at the island of Erikoussa, north of Corfu, 24 hours later in big seas and strong winds however, the sight of a white sandy beach put a big smile on our faces as we dropped the anchor.

Next day, we met up with our friends Tony, Angela and Izzy aboard Grand Cru who had sailed over from Malta with Tony's mum and her husband. We celebrated our reunion ashore eating typical Greek fare of tzatziki, fried cheese and Greek salad followed by moussaka. Welcome to Greece!

CRUISERS NOTES
Good holding in sand. Popular with Italians making their way to the Greek Islands.
Didn't find any shops, only a few tavernas.
Water on the ferry quay

Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK