Deep Blue

Living The Dream

The blog is back!

17 February 2013
Hello – we are back on the blog!

It has been some time since we last updated our blog but events over the past couple of months took precedence.

A good friend of ours back in the UK, Roy, lost his short fight against terminal cancer mid-December and Chris and I spent three weeks over the Christmas and New Year period with his wife Rosemary, supporting her through a difficult time.

We then spent 3 weeks visiting family and friends around the UK and meeting up with cruising friends at the London Boat Show. The weather was really quite mild although a cold snap with snow towards the end meant that we had to delay our return slightly, but that just meant that we were able to enjoy tobogganing with our nephews, which was fun!

While in the UK, Chris was asked if he wanted to join a friend to take a look at a car at the local MG garage. Whilst there, he spotted a sporty MGF looking for an owner and took me back to take a look. It looked like fun and I was convinced that the boot (trunk for our USA/Canadian friends) was big enough for all of our stuff, so we bought it to drive back to Sicily.

We are now back home aboard Deep Blue, enjoying sleeping in our own bed and not living out of a bag! Here in Sicily, the sun is shining and the sky is blue but there is still a nip in the air. The locals are saying that spring has arrived as the flowers begin to bloom and the cherry blossom appears on the trees; we’re not convinced just yet.

A separate blog to follow of our trip back from the UK.
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK