Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Cruisers Art Exhibition

12 May 2013
Here in the marina, we have a Cruisers Lounge that is used to host the many group activities that have been organised over the winter. Monday has been Art Day where Sally guided beginners and more advanced alike, to bring their creativity skills together. For our part, Aleid and I did a small jewellery making demonstration aboard Nimrod whilst the guys were on another boat watching the rugby. Sue and Erika got the bug and immediately ordered tools and bits and pieces off Amazon and Sue started taking apart her stash of old jewellery so that she could remodel it all.

The culmination of all of this was an Art Exhibition in the Cruisers Lounge to show our fellow cruisers and locals what we have been up to. There were some beautiful and skilful paintings on display, as well as jewellery, an on-going quilt project that represented a circumnavigation and a guitar that Tracy has been making. What a creative lot we’ve had here this year!
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK