Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Rosemary’s visit

15 July 2013
Just a few hours after returning from Athens after Chris's operation, and I was back at the ferry dock to meet our friend Rosemary from the UK who was visiting for a week. While I waited patiently at Lakki port, Rosemary arrived from Kos on the catamaran at Agia Marina port! Note to self - double check which port the ferry arrives at in future! A quick taxi ride across the small island and we were all reunited.

As Chris was under strict instructions to rest, Rosemary rented a car for a few days and we explored the island, which didn't take too long as it is not very big. The views across the island from the castle, built by the Knights of St. John, were fabulous and, with directions and instructions from Katherine, we could see where we would be swimming in crystal clear waters, eating some delicious fish at The Mill and relaxing in the shade of tamarisk trees at Alinda.

Chris ventured out with us on the last day when we travelled to the south of the island for a seashore lunch before finding a cooling place to swim. The sea is still a bit chilly for this time of year; just like in Sicily, everyone is talking about how the summer arrived a month later this year. Let's hope it stays a month longer too!

Click here for slideshow
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK