Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Steptoe & Son watch out!

27 May 2007
We are feeling really pleased with ourselves today after our attempt to sell our remaining worldly possessions. Luckily, we chose the least raining day of the Bank Holiday weekend to hold our House Clearance Sale.

Just before 9am we had the first punter turn up. After a few, 'I'll take that, and that, and that' he was off with a smile on his face, a van load of bits and we were very optimistic working out our hourly rate of �60 p/hr if things continued in the same way.

It didn't, thanks to the rain, but it did keep us fit running in and out trying to keep things dry and we were very resouceful ripping up bin bags to provide as quick rainproof covers for everything.

After a couple of hours and several buyers, we had made a good profit but the pile of stuff didn't seem to look any different from the start. Eventually, our previous life corporate selling skills kicked in and the coffers were ringing.

By the end of the day, we had enough to buy a folding bike each for the boat (which was our objective) and to pay for the van to take the furniture to Debra's.
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK