Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Easter week in Marina di Ragusa

21 April 2014
Easter is a quiet, family time here in MdR although in other parts of Sicily there are celebrations and processions going on.

I asked at the bakery what they were producing especially for Easter and bought one of their Ricotta tarts. Ricotta is a soft cheese which doesn't have any taste really but used in the tart, it has honey and nutmeg on top and resembles an egg custard. Very tasty.

The easter eggs here are all beautifully decorated and come in all sizes. The one in the picture is a standard size; I've stood next to eggs as tall as me! The packaging described the chocolate as finissimo and it certainly is.

One of the things that we love about being in the Med, is that the produce is very seasonal and often an individual will be selling just one thing. This week it was the turn of the fresh broad beans, sold from the back of a car. We are used to seeing this kind of thing; artichokes, tomatoes, potatoes but the first time you see fruit and veg being sold like this, it does make you look twice.

Happy Easter to everyone!
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK