Deep Blue

Living The Dream

The girls are back in town!

29 November 2014
For the first time ever, we were lucky to have my sisters, Debra & Audra, visit at the same time for a week of relaxation, as well as visits to some of the regions highlights.

The weather stayed warm and sunny, for the most part, which meant we could spend some time on the beach and swim in the sea here in Marina di Ragusa but then we put on an extra layer for a trip to Mount Etna.

The autumn leaves looked beautiful against the bright blue sky, crisp white snow and black lava flows. After climbing craters and collecting lava stone we had earned our reward later in the day at the Airone Wellness Hotel where we enjoyed time in their lovely spa. A lovely breakfast the next morning set us up for a visit to Syracuse, one of our favourite places. Unfortunately, the weather that day was windy and grey and did not show Syracuse in its best light. However, an hour in the cheese shop made up for it as we tasted cheeses, salamis and anything else that took our eye. We all left laden with goodies before heading over to the wine shop where Camella welcomed us back and filled a couple of boxes for us.

As Debra is a chocoholic, we had to make time for a trip to Italy’s oldest chocolate shop, the Antica Dolceria Bonajuto in Modica for some tastings! Views from the top of the old town were stunning but very windy!

We certainly had a busy week and all too soon it was time to head back to Comiso Airport for their flight back to the UK. We’ve got lots of nice memories to keep us going though, until we all see each other again.
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK