Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Family time in Cuitadela, Menorca

06 September 2015
Chris's brother Alex, his partner Tracey and their two daughters, Skye & Georgia, were holidaying on the island and we headed round the anchor off Cuitadela so that we could meet up and they could see the boat for the first time. The girls spent most of their time with us in the water or jumping/diving/spinning off the back of the boat. The next evening we explored Cuitadela together, watched some drummers parade through the town centre and then had dinner together in one of the many small squares there. We thoroughly enjoyed our short time together.

Cuitadela was the capital of the island until 1722, when the British transferred the administration to Mahon due to its better harbour. The town and harbour are very picturesque with ancient ramparts, elegant buildings, small alleyways, open squares and shops of all kinds selling souvenirs, Menorcan sandals, cured meats and delicious cheeses and wines. What more could you ask for?

Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK