Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Baie de Pompierre

14 January 2017
This bay is on the windward side of Terre d’en Haut is protected by two rocky islands whose cliffs rise to about 130 feet. The horseshoe bay is surrounded by coconut trees and we can testify that the local goats love eating fresh coconut!

To get a different view of the bay, we decided to make our way over to the rocky islands which involved Chris balancing our bag on his head as we waded across the narrow gap between the bay and the islands. Just as the water got to chest height, the ground started to come up again and so we didn’t get a soaking. Most visitors stayed on the main beach but we had our own, private beach on the island where we had a picnic and did some snorkelling. We were both a little taken aback when a school of about 50 large Blue Tang’s swam by. I could have kicked myself for not having the camera with me. There were such a deep but bright blue with a yellow dot just in front of their tail fin.

Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK