Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Sailing in Sardinia

14 August 2008
What we thought would be an 18 hour journey part sailing and part motoring journey turned out to be an 18 hour journey motoring! A still night with the lights of Corsica in the distance on our right and ferries coming and going in front of us.

We arrived in Olbia where we stocked up on provisions and met my sister Debra and her 3 sons, Callum, Nathan and Adam for their first ever sailing holiday and a 10 day cruise around the Isola Tavolara & Capo Coda Cavallo Marine Reserve. We anchored out for the whole duration and found a new beach every day. The water was the warmest and most turquoise that we have ever seen and the beaches just like the caribbean. The boys spent as much time as they could in the water and Deb spent as much time as she could relaxing. There were no accidents or injuries which is quite an achievement with three excited boys on board. We did however have to swim after a bright green, 6 foot long, inflatable alligator that made a bid for freedom one day. See Gallery/Italy/Sardinia/Olbia for the photos.

Happy Birthday to us!

July 28th 2008 marked our first anniversary afloat. To commemorate the day, we raised the flags of the seven countries that we have visited during this time.
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK