Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Novigrad

27 July 2009
A nice seaside resort built on a peninsula. We walked around the peninsula to see holiday makers sunbathing on the rocks before heading to one of the many restaurants to choose from.

It was a Saturday night and we were treated to music from a local band whilst being tempted by the smells nearby of barbecuing fish. As we have seen several times along the Adriatic coast, a fish festival is a common occurance during the summer. You take a tray and then your pick of whatever takes your fancy, followed by a choice of salads and drinks and then find a seat on one of the long benches and tables along with everyone else. It is a very economical way to eat and we were going to give it a try but the queue was so long that we opted for a restaurant instead.

Before we left the next day, we sorted out our internet requirements during our time in Croatia and, yet again, Vodafone meets the bill.

CRUISERS NOTES
New marina has been built here and your only option is to either use it or moor to outer breakwater or take a mooring buoy, which is in a great location.
Water is available from a pipe outside Customs Office - ask Mooring man for assistance.
Internet - you can buy an internet key/dongle from any kiosk (cost was 179 kunars). The key comes with some credit on it already. When you need to top up, just go to any kiosk or petrol station and buy a top-up coupon from 35 - 200 kunars depending on what you need. To recharge, you can do this online or put the SIM card into your phone and send an SMS.
Supermarket - small supermarket opposite fishing boats in old marina but big Mercator 5 minute walk out of town
Wine - near to old marina there is a cantina with wine from the barrel for about 2 euros a litre for the good stuff!

Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK