The Delivery Guy

John delivers new catamarans mostly from Cape Town, South Africa, to various destinations around the world - follow his next trip from London, United Kingdom to Fort Lauderdale, USA.

11 December 2012 | North Atlantic
08 December 2012 | North Atlantic
01 December 2012 | North Atlantic
23 November 2012 | North Atlantic
14 November 2012 | North Atlantic
05 November 2012 | North Atlantic
03 November 2012 | North Atlantic
29 October 2012 | North Atlantic
26 October 2012 | North Atlantic
23 October 2012 | Sines, Portugal
06 October 2012 | Brighton, UK
26 September 2012 | London
13 September 2012 | Cape Town
21 August 2012 | Indian Ocean
15 August 2012 | Indian Ocean
07 August 2012 | Nosi Be, Madagascar
29 July 2012 | Mozambique Chanel
27 July 2012 | Richards Bay, South Africa
05 June 2012 | St George's Harbour, Bermuda
28 May 2012 | North Atlantic

Not There Yet

10 December 2007
John
The last 24 hours has been a bit slow with the wind just too strong for the spinnaker and just not strong enough for the jib. This means that we will only make our waypoint off the Brazilian coast sometime during the night tonight.

In the mean time the shipping around us has increased dramatically with Shaheda spotting the first one yesterday evening. Since then Terry has another and Shaun has two, leaving yours faithfully with nil to his name. But, there are many miles to go and many ships still to be spotted.

Dave on the 46' in front of us has been flying up the coast of South America with the aid of the current and has crossed the equator already and is at present 800 nautical miles ahead of us. I spoke to Richard on the 46' behind us this morning. He has been trying to catch up to us but his efforts have resulted in his spinnaker blowing this morning and now, with the loss of that sail, he should start falling back again. He was just over 400 nautical miles behind us this morning. Gavin, on the 43' is way back now and going very slowly as he chose a course a bit too far south.

As I type this we have another large pod of dolphin playing around the boat with Shaun and Terry keeping them amused by leaning over the boat railing and trying to convince them to jump out the water. Not much luck doing that!

Shaheda baked two small lemon cakes this morning, of which one "evaporated" whilst still hot, together with a cup of coffee. Darn good it was. I doubt that the other one will last the day or, to put it another way, we had better eat it or else it may just go stale - and we do not want that to happen!

Today is radio sked day for the hams back home - catch you on 14 237.5 at 16:00 Zulu and then again on Wednesday on the same frequency and time.

Cheers for now - regards from the motley bunch aboard Moorings 46#A1040.
Comments
Vessel Name: Ultima Life
Vessel Make/Model: Majestic 53
Hailing Port: Cape Town
Crew: John
About:
John Titterton has sailed over 350 000 nm in the years he has been delivering sailing vessels. He has sailed the Mediterranean Sea, South and North Atlantic, Caribbean Sea and Pacific with a bit of the Indian Ocean thrown in for luck! This blog follows his deliveries as they occur. [...]

John Titterton ZS1JNT

Who: John
Port: Cape Town