Favorites
No Links Added Yet

Delphinus

Family of 3 circumnavigating the globe

Vessel Name: Delphinus
Vessel Make/Model: Bavaria 44
Crew: Paul, Jayne & Lily
01 June 2015 | Western Brittany
21 April 2015
20 April 2015
04 August 2014 | Denmark
27 July 2014 | Sweden
20 July 2014 | Finland and Aland
25 June 2014 | words by Jayne
20 June 2014 | Riga
14 June 2014 | Lithuania
10 June 2014 | Gdansk
06 June 2014 | River Schlei and Nexo, Bornholm
30 May 2014 | Belgium and Holland
20 April 2014 | Brighton
20 March 2014 | French Waterways
19 August 2013
15 July 2013 | France
30 June 2013 | Sardinia & Corsica
10 June 2013 | Sicily, Italy & Malta
Recent Blog Posts
01 June 2015 | Western Brittany

Western Brittany

Strong winds were forecast so we took advantage of the good wifi in Brest Marina and caught up on blogs and admin, it's sometimes good when cruising to get a few days bad weather to stop you in your tracks and relax a little.

Germany to Bornholm

06 June 2014 | River Schlei and Nexo, Bornholm
words by Jayne
By the time we arrived at the rally meeting point, an anchorage on the river Schlei, there were already 4 other boats anchored. The meeting point was beside the home of Claus, the local OCC representative, he had arranged a large marquee for our welcome party the following evening. Three more boats arrived the following day and we were all taxied ashore to meet the others along with previous commodores, friends of Claus and other local sailors. It was lovely to meet so many interesting people and hear of their adventures 'sailing the globe'.

The rally started with a 200 nautical mile sail to the Danish Island of Bornholm, unfortunately we only managed to sail the first few hours and as the winds died we motored for the remaining 24 hours. Being that bit further north and June, it was very noticeable that it never got fully dark at night, the Sun barely setting below the horizon. Also of note, apart from millions of Jellyfish, there was little wildlife out at sea only the odd Porpoise and a few Eider, presumably a result of over fishing and pollution in this beautiful inland sea is. After a couple of relaxing days exploring Bornholm, and enjoying the local beers, we headed off on another overnight passage to Gdansk, Poland. For hours during the night we were treated to a magnificent Noctilucent cloud display.
Comments

About & Links

Favorites
No Links Added Yet