Yacht Destiny

Adventures with Janice and Andy

11 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
10 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
09 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
08 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
07 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
07 May 2019 | Sisimiut, Fjord No 2
03 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
02 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
01 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
27 April 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
26 April 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
25 April 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
24 April 2019 | Sismiut, West Greenland
14 April 2019 | Fox's Marina Ipswich
08 November 2018 | Ipswich, UK
25 October 2018 | England
23 October 2018 | NE England
20 October 2018 | NE Scotland
18 October 2018 | NE Scotland

Back In The Water

07 June 2018 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
JANICE
We finished our ski touring season on 9 May. Weather conditions dictated a change of venue from Destiny to a hut in a remote area. We would like to thank our guides @Andy Perkins and @Guido Candolini for their faith in Andy and I to still be able to provide a true 'Destiny' adventure even without her; all our guests (friends old and new) who persevered to join us and hopefully had a memorable experience. Big thanks must go to Bo and Anette Lings at @Sirius and @Hotel Sisimiut respectively, who actively worked with us to provide this alternative option and their very special teams who got us in and out of the venue or provided warm welcomes at the hotel. Meeting Bo was 'destiny'. Throughout it all the local Greenlanders have been welcoming, encouraging, calm, always smiling and laughing. Our guests had lots of lovely interactions with them; a beautiful country with beautiful people.

We went straight into the job of sorting Destiny, bringing back items from Sirius that we took to the hut. Our priority was to get Destiny ready to go back in the water. The yard steam cleaned the hull on the 13 May and Andy and I spent two days applying anti-fouling. Considering the expedition planned for the North West Passage, we used a hard anti-foul this time! We will see how ice resistant it is! The yard relaunched us at 8 pm on Wednesday 16 May. We went alongside the large fishing vessel on their quay for a couple of days, slowly starting systems, taking on water and chasing down the odd small leak. Friday we fuelled up with 1,000 litres of diesel and headed back out to the anchorage across from the harbour. It was a beautiful calm, sunny evening so we managed to get the two foresails back up. Some windier weather delayed us getting the main sail up until Sunday 22 May. It has been a very busy and hectic six weeks so we took ourselves out to the next fjord for a few days relaxation and consolidation. It is surprisingly noise at the anchorage with all the ferries, fishing boats and Arctic transport boats coming and leaving at all times of the day and night.
Comments
Vessel Name: Yacht Destiny
Vessel Make/Model: Van de Stadt | Samoa 47
Hailing Port: Stornoway, UK
Crew: Andy and Janice Fennymore-White
About: We built Destiny from scratch in a barn over 8 years and have lived aboard her full time since 2013. We are on a journey to explore our limits without time constraints anywhere the wind may take us. We have spent the last 3 years in the Arctic enjoying endless summer days and long Northern lights.
Social:

Sailing adventures with Destiny and crew

Who: Andy and Janice Fennymore-White
Port: Stornoway, UK