Yacht Destiny

Adventures with Janice and Andy

11 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
10 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
09 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
08 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
07 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
07 May 2019 | Sisimiut, Fjord No 2
03 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
02 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
01 May 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
27 April 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
26 April 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
25 April 2019 | Sisimiut, West Greenland
24 April 2019 | Sismiut, West Greenland
14 April 2019 | Fox's Marina Ipswich
08 November 2018 | Ipswich, UK
25 October 2018 | England
23 October 2018 | NE England
20 October 2018 | NE Scotland
18 October 2018 | NE Scotland

Tasiussaq

01 July 2018 | West Greenland
Andy
7 July. Yesterday we had a pleasant day which began as a motor into 15kt head wind but after a couple of hours the wind shifted a few degrees and we had to alter our course a little and suddenly we were in a position to set sail, the first time for the mainsail up this season. We only had 6 miles to go but we enjoyed a great 8 kts sail with full canvas, we had speeds of over 10 at times with small surfs and a favourable tide. The Danish Coast Guard in a friget ( with a huge tall radar dome) & the memorable name of HDMS Lauge Koch, decided to pay us a visit by fast RIB boat at this time, needless to say they had a good view of us blasting into the fjord as their lady crew member tried to engage me in conversation across our gunnels about the advantages of joining and registering with GreenPos which is similar to a Coast Guard 66 in the UK, the idea is you report into them every evening to tell them where you are and if you fail to call they will initiate a search & rescu e. At 10kts we really were having far too much fun to be listening.

We are tucked into a small shallow sandy bay just off a huge fjord. We had a long walk after anchoring and then caught 3 Char and 3 Cod. So today we have prepared the Char for the freezer and some drying on the rail for jerky (Thank You Dianne for the recipe). The Cod we have baked and will make fish cakes to freeze. The weather is glorious so we had another long walk and found an Inuit camping ground hidden behind the terrain, its empty now but a couple in a small boat visited it this afternoon. It looks like they use it for Char fishing which will begin anytime now. They will camp out netting the fish and smoking them with the local foliage. We will spend another day here tomorrow as on Monday the wind turns to the South so we will have a favourable direction, it's not forecast to be strong enough to sail but it is better than a 20 knot headwind.

There is no habitation for miles but we have seen 3 Inuit small boats out fishing or hunting; the Coast Guard has left, leaving us to the ducks and gulls. PICTURE: The view this evening with our Char drying in the foreground.
Comments
Vessel Name: Yacht Destiny
Vessel Make/Model: Van de Stadt | Samoa 47
Hailing Port: Stornoway, UK
Crew: Andy and Janice Fennymore-White
About: We built Destiny from scratch in a barn over 8 years and have lived aboard her full time since 2013. We are on a journey to explore our limits without time constraints anywhere the wind may take us. We have spent the last 3 years in the Arctic enjoying endless summer days and long Northern lights.
Social:

Sailing adventures with Destiny and crew

Who: Andy and Janice Fennymore-White
Port: Stornoway, UK