The journey begins

Vessel Name: Dignity too of Edinburgh
Vessel Make/Model: Moody 33 Mk 1
Hailing Port: The World
Crew: Trev & Becky
About: living the dream
Extra: travelling the UK this year 2010
12 January 2012
12 January 2012
09 May 2010
Recent Blog Posts
12 January 2012

At the begining

12 January 2012

First time

A dream of retiring, sailing around the world on a budget. Travelling and seeing things from a different angle. So far we've travelled by walking, bicycle, motorbike, car, motorhome, plane and train or using all of the above now its by boat. We will semi retire from March 2009 at the latest and have [...]

09 May 2010

Hi All

visit us at

First time

12 January 2012
trevbeck.martin@googlemail.com
A dream of retiring, sailing around the world on a budget. Travelling and seeing things from a different angle. So far we've travelled by walking, bicycle, motorbike, car, motorhome, plane and train or using all of the above now its by boat. We will semi retire from March 2009 at the latest and have named our yacht DIGNITY, a Trapper 500.

We have said for some years that we were going around the world on a boat. Most people laughed and asked why? Well why not? We are now out there doing it, and meeting people wishing they were us. Some friends and family think we are mad, others think it fantastic. It doesn't really matter what people think, life is too short to sit and do nothing. The boat is named after the song by Deacon Blue, a ship called Dignity. We worked hard, now we are sailing and others are still working, although we do work when we run out of cash.

Our interest in sailing started when Trevor got bored and sold his trike, then bought a small sailing boat, a Hunter 701 for £1200. After spending £500 on a re-fit which he did himself, selling her for £7000 and then swapping an MG roadster for a Folkboat, a nice 28 footer, then watching her sink...then back to buying and selling until we bought the Trapper 500 in Tollesbury Essex. We got her for the debt owed to the Marina by the French owner, fitted her out and arrived in Ipswich on 1st July 2009. We swapped her for a Moody 33 one week later and now we live aboard her. The new boat is called "Dignity too of Edinburgh" and is known as "Dignity too". She was formerly "Kylora of Ashton" and was owned by Brian Navin who wrote the Baltic Pilot and Netherland pilot books. He wrote those while sailing her after many years sold her to Mr Bell in Titchmarsh in 2008, who lived on her for 8 months before swapping her for our Trapper 500 in July 2009. Dignity too has now been cleaned up and ready to go. We are living our dream and you can follow us by joining ... the journey continues....
Comments

About & Links

SailBlogs Groups